Tips for a smooth appointment with your chimney sweep
At Chimney Saver Solutions, we’re committed to providing you with a professional chimney sweeping experience. That means we’re always on time, careful with your home and your belongings, and courteous. While we do our best to provide the most pleasant chimney sweeping experience possible, there are some things you can do to help make your chimney sweeping appointment go as smoothly as possible.
- Don’t use your fireplace or stove for 24 hours before your appointment. That window of time allows your fireplace or stove, its components and the chimney to thoroughly cool so our chimney sweeps don’t risk getting burned while they work.
- Remove any ash from the fireplace or ash bin. A fireplace or stove cleared of ash helps us to access and inspect every part of your appliance. It also helps us keep your home clean.
- Clear an area around your fireplace and entry door. Of course, we make it a priority to protect your home and belongings during the chimney sweeping process. However, we do bring in equipment and hoses that could bump or disrupt your possessions. Please remove any breakables from our path and clear at least a five-foot area round the fireplace or stove so our sweeps have plenty of room to work.
- Contain your pets. We love your pets, too, and we don’t want them to get hurt or cause them any discomfort during our visit. We also will be entering and exiting your home, and we don’t want to allow a pet to escape inadvertently. Please keep your pets in another room in the home so they will stay clear of our equipment and avoid any squished toes or paws.
- Consider an off-season appointment. During the fire-burning months, from October through March, we’re often busy with emergency service calls. If possible, try to schedule your appointment during the off-season, from April through September. This allows more flexibility in scheduling time and will allow us to service your appliance sooner. A cleaning at the end of the burning season, in late spring or early summer, also removes creosote from your chimney before it can cause corrosion or an unpleasant scent in your home, which can happen during warm, humid months.
- Don’t be afraid to watch us work! While we sweep your chimney, we’re happy to answer questions about your chimney, fireplace or stove, and appliance function and maintenance. As CSIA-certified chimney sweeps, we consider it part of our duty to educate our customers about their chimneys and heating appliances.At Chimney Saver Solutions, we’re happy to be part of your home maintenance team, and it is our goal to provide you with the finest customer service. Our appointment preparation tips will help ensure that we can do our jobs and serve you to the best of our abilities.