Chimney Saver Solutions is depended upon by homeowners in Mechanicsville VA for expert chimney inspections, chimney cleaning, and all chimney services. Mechanicsville VA is in Hanover County, 6 miles NE of Richmond. There is a lot of American Civil War history in the city, since many important battles took place in and around the area. Historic landmarks include a stone windmill in the downtown area and the Polegreen Church, which was built in 1775. Although it was burned down during the Civil War, the existing structure is an interpretive rendering built from drawings made by Union soldiers.
As a vital safety measure, homeowners in Mechanicsville with chimneys in regular use should schedule annual professional chimney inspections. Routine inspections are also important, even if a fireplace or furnace is used only occasionally. Many potential problems can occur with chimneys, including blockage caused by debris, birds’ nests, or excess creosote. The certified chimney specialists at Chimney Saver Solutions can identify and alert you to any of the issues that could potentially interfere with proper chimney operation.
Sweeping & Cleaning
Annual chimney cleaning in Mechanicsville is also recommended, to remove debris such as highly flammable creosote deposits. Whether you burn wood or gas, chimneys need regular cleaning. Firewood causes creosote deposits, which can lead to hazardous chimney fires and chimney obstruction.
When gas heating appliances are vented through a chimney, there are acids that need to be removed, since they can eat at the chimney lining. Chimney cleaning is important, to ensure adequate venting. Deadly toxic fumes can be released into the home, if the chimney doesn’t operate properly.
The chimney experts at Chimney Saver Solutions also install chimney caps for Mechanicsville VA homeowners. A chimney cap acts as a roof over your chimney, and it is an essential accessory. Moisture is a chimney’s number one enemy. The materials chimney caps are made with include galvanized steel, stainless steel, and copper. Most chimney caps include wire mesh, which keeps animals out and can operate as a spark arrestor, to prevent hot embers from escaping to the roof and potentially causing a fire.
Choosing a Chimney Sweep
One of the most important decisions you can make, as far as household maintenance, is choosing a qualified chimney sweep for chimney inspections, chimney cleaning, and other chimney services. Mechanicsville VA homeowners are among those who have been victimized by tricksters who offer tempting prices for chimney services but don’t have the knowledge or equipment to properly conduct the work. Fake chimney contractors Can leave your home vulnerable.
The following are a few tips for choosing a qualified chimney sweep:
- Proper operation and maintenance of your chimney, stove, or furnace system is a safety issue of extreme importance. Choose a well-qualified chimney sweep company with a good reputation, to protect your home and family.
- A CSIA-Certified Chimney Sweep holds the most important qualification to look for. A certification from the Chimney Sweep Institute of America (CSIA) is the industry standard for training.
- It can be risky to schedule chimney cleaning based on a call from a phone solicitor promising huge savings. This is an approach typically used by scammers who infiltrate the chimney industry. The work performed is often inferior, as numerous appointments are scheduled on the same day.
- Ask the chimney sweep company whether they have insurance that would protect your home against any damage that may occur. If they have no coverage and someone gets injured, you would be responsible to assume the liability.
- Mechanicsville VA homeowners should ask for current references. You can gain added assurance by following up and calling customers from the area.
- When your chimney sweep contractor arrives, check their identification. They should have a uniform and a marked company truck. It’s important to do your homework and ensure that you are hiring a professional chimney sweep.
Chimney Saver Solutions is proud to provide expert chimney services to the residents of Mechanicsville VA. We take our job very seriously, knowing that a well-maintained chimney helps to keep homes and families safe. Contact Chimney Saver Solutions today at 804-440-5000 for professional chimney services.